here is a reasonably diverse guy, in my early 50's, looking for a quiet place to call home, preferably in a wooded area (the more remote the better) with a source for clean water
as my mom is getting up there in years, i don't want to stray too far from PA, but would consider anything in the NE region
though i am not looking for labor intensive, full-time work, i am certainly willing to help out where needed - maybe like 10-20 hrs. a week, give or take, with the potential to earn a small wage for extra work or special projects
i am trustworthy, dependable, have a good work ethic and i love working outdoors (a resume, with references, is available upon request)
although i would not call myself an expert in any particular area, i have experience in a number of fields, including...
* heavy equipment operator
* basic construction, carpentry and demolition
* basic electrical, plumbing and septic
* basic woodworking and rough/rustic furniture making
* knowledge of most power/hand tools, including chainsaws, splitters, etc.
* welding (arc/mig), cutting (plasma/gas), fabrication
* website and basic web-server administration (LAMP)
* hobby software development for the Windows platform
* basic CAD experience and research, development and prototyping of various mechanical systems
* some electronics experience
* robotics and remotely controlled vehicles
i have spent much of my life working in professions that are destructive to the earth (surface mining especially) and though i could easily be making a nice income in my area (shale gas), i refuse to do this kind of work any longer
i enjoy living a very simply life, close to nature, and require very little in the way of living accommodations - i suspect that what most people would call a shanty, i would call a castle, and i could build my own "castle" if you don't have one available
i am interested in alternative energy, including solar and water, and the wood mass heaters that are discussed here
unfortunately i don't have allot of experience with growing food, outside of small gardening, but i am willing to learn!
current and previous hobbies include small boating, light hiking, rock climbing, spelunking (cave exploration), urban exploration and photography
you can watch a couple videos of stuff i've been involved on Viemo and YouTube
First, you drop a couch from the plane, THEN you surf it. Here, take this tiny ad with you: