I have grown oyster mushrooms in straw for a few years, and foraged Morels this spring. I found these in central Idaho at about 5,000 feet. They were in a pine forest near a creek in decomposed granit and moss. Some small animals had been eating a large number of them. And they were vey slimy and wet to the touch. No bluing, and smell good. I did NOT taste them. Bolete? Safe to eat?
Self Indulgent Editorial Note:
There is enough food in the world to feed 100 billion people (scarcity mentality has been drummed into us all, snap out of it!) Millions of pounds of mediocre tasting mushrooms are waiting to be harvested, flavored, seasoned and appreciated. Let's feed ourselves and the poor, whilst thumbing our nose at the fascist food cartels. Death to the existing order.
No prison can hold Chairface Chippendale. And on a totally different topic ... my stuff:
100th Issue of Permaculture Magazine - now FREE for a while