Permaculture Teacher Training
From 21st to 30th October, 2017
Empower yourself to advocate for change through whole systems design and teaching! This Permaculture Teacher Training course will improve and expand your abilities and make you a more versatile, engaging and effective educator.
This teacher training course will be taught by a team of experienced and renowned permaculture instructors and practitioners:
- Jude Hobbs (USA)
- Robyn Francis (Australia)
- Rico Zook (USA)
In this dynamic and interactive course, you will learn significant teaching techniques to communicate Permaculture principles and strategies in a wide variety of educational settings.
Our goal is to encourage and inspire your unique strengths and talents by demonstrating diverse teaching modalities such as lecture, facilitating class discussions, storytelling, and using visual aids. In this setting of active learning, you will experience essential hands-on practice by preparing and co-teaching several presentations.
This is an incredible opportunity to study with an experienced teaching team and learn how to teach and facilitate Permaculture workshops. To be eligible to register for the course, you should have taken the Permaculture Design Certificate Course or have the instructor’s approval.
- Ethics, Codes of Practice & Self-Care
- Setting a Course Tone
- The Art and Science of Being an Educator
- Teaching via Pattern Dynamics, Whole Systems & Adult Learning Styles
- Practical Hands-On Learning with Experiential Techniques
- Facilitator's Toolkit and Resources
- Working with Special Needs and Difficult Situations
- Presenting Styles & Methods
- Curriculum Planning, Module Building & Time Management
- Adapting for Cultural Diversity
- Working with Co-Instructors & Guests
- Making The Most of Field Trips And Excursions
- Course Planning: Venue Logistics, Marketing, Budgets, Timelines - Implementation & Disaster Preparedness
- Interns; Apprentices & Mentors, Sharing the Knowledge
- Evaluations and Review
- The Permaculture Network
- Tips of the Trade