Water Catchment: Harvest the Rain
Saturday, May 13, 2017 (2:00PM - 4:00PM)
Hosted by Tilth Alliance @ Good Shepherd Center, Room 107
Save money, prevent storm water pollution and collect rainwater for home use. Water is an important resource that falls from the sky for free. Unfortunately, most of the rain falls in the winter when we need it the least for irrigation. In the fall and winter we often have a deluge of water that causes flooding and other damage. What if you could slow down or collect that water and save it for use during the dry summer?
In this class, learn about:
· The water cycle
· Issues around storm water pollution
· Using the soil to store water with bio-swales, mulch and rain gardens
· Collecting, storing and using water in rain barrels and cisterns
· Simple techniques for re-using grey water
· Other ways to protect and manage water wisely, including permeable surfaces and green roofs
This class features a classroom presentation and demonstration garden tour. Please dress for the weather.
Tilth strives to educate all children and adults regardless of their financial means. If you would like to apply for a scholarship for an adult education class or children's camp, please submit this form.