Drip Irrigation for Home Gardeners Saturday, May 13, 2017 (10:00AM - 12:00PM)
Hosted by Tilth Alliance @ Good Shepherd Center, Room 107
Learn how easy it is to water your garden with resource-efficient drip irrigation! Even though our Pacific Northwest maritime climate is known for rain, during the dry summer we still need to water food crops, thirsty ornamentals and container gardens. Be smart with your resources and learn how to maximize the water you use in your landscape.
This class will cover:
· Basic drip irrigation system design and use in a home garden
· Water requirements and how to create zones
· Parts you’ll need and where to purchase them
· Tips for installation, scheduling, winterizing and troubleshooting
· Soaker hoses and other low-pressure options
This class features a lecture, garden tour and hands-on opportunity to assemble components of a drip system. Please dress for the weather.
This class pairs well with Water Catchment: Harvest the Rain offered later in the afternoon. Sign up for both classes for a full day of learning and receive a discount! If you purchase our individual ticket for $65, you will be registered for both classes.
For more information on this class and to register, click here.