We've spent 13 years building an abundant fruit forest, annual veggie beds, perennialmedicinal herbs, and a healthy mixed hardwood-coniferous forest and now it's time to sell our property so that we can begin a new homesteading project with our best friends.
* Only 2.5 miles from Cottage Grove but the nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away through our 51 acres of forest
* Four varieties of mature fig trees, five varieties of mature apples, three varieties of plums, and six varieties of mature table grapes
* Over 50lb of persimmons each year, cherries, asian pears, raspberries, currants, strawberries, and more
* The large greenhouse is 30ft x 48ft with a gothic roof to shed snow. Double doors at both ends offer easy access for people, carts, and tools. A smaller 10ft x 15ft glass greenhouse offers even more frost protection.
* The nursery and gardens were certified organic by Oregon Tilth 2008-2010 and no synthetic pesticides nor fertilizers have been used since, so re-certification would be simple.
* Drip irrigation covers all of the gardens and landscaping. The large greenhouse is outfitted with faucets, outlets, a center planting bed, and tables supported by water barrels for thermal mass with over 2000 gallons of water storage.
* Excellent 17+gpm Well
* 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms 1,750sqft
* Open floor plan unites the living room and kitchen
* EPA certified wood stove and electric forced-air furnace
* Four skylights brighten the kitchen and family room
* Beautiful and smooth earthen adobe floor
* Clay pizza oven right outside the kitchen door
* Two car garage / shop
* Large covered breezeway on two sides
* Finished pump house with extra storage
* Small guest house
* Metal Roofing - The house, the garage, and the pump house all all have 50-year standing seam metal roofing with baked-on factory paint. The detached bedroom and chicken coop have metal roofs. No shingles here!
* Just add water tanks and gutters to the metal roof on the pump house for gravity feed to the house and gardens.
* The top of the hill overlooks the town of Cottage Grove.