An amazing 25 hectares of land in the town of Muna with easy access on the Mundo Maya freeway This property is located only 30 minutes from the Merida International Airport and 45 minutes from centro, Merida. Easy drive for tourist, guest, clients or whoever would want to visit the property.
This place is meant for romance and leisure. The property includes acres of exotic tropical gardens that nurture plants for selling The property also permits breeding of European red deer (or other animals) either for enjoyment or selling. A wide collection of more than many varieties of Bamboo from all over the world, a collection of palms from remote places and also many different species of heliconias and ginger whose cut flowers are highly appreciated in both the local and more distant markets. The property is a one of a kind botanical garden that is not found anywhere else in the Yucatan.
The property has an extensive modern irrigation system, while still conserving and using the old water channels, pools and water tank from the old artesian well.
This property is urban, not rural, with high added value and all the modern services: Internet, Satellite TV, and Cell phone reception.
The town of Muna has 12,000 inhabitants, several supermarkets, pharmacies, hospital, open-air market, and churches for at least 10 different denominations. Nearby is the famous Mayan site of Uxmal with luxury hotels, restaurants, and international level bars. Muna is in the center of the richest land in the Yucatan with Mayan vestiges from the classic and early classic period of Mayan history scattered everywhere around it. There are numerous archeological zones near to Muna such as Oxkintoc, Ahtunkeh, Labna, Sayil, Xlapac, Loltun, Chacmultun, and many more. Plus numerous haciendas, cenotes, and historic churches in the area as well.
* Master bedroom with huge bathroom, tub, shower, and spacious sun terrace
* Guest bedroom with bathroom
* Living-dining room with high ceilings
* Kitchen, food pantry, refrigerator, and stove
* Precious tropical hardwoods
* Large covered terrace with old French tiles and walls with antique carved stones
* Sun terrace with clay floors, benches, a roomy plunge pool for refreshing dips, a fountain with aquatic plants and turtles and many flowerpots
* Car Port for two cars covered with old French tile roof
* Large terrace with old French tile roof and room for one car under the carport
* Living-dining room with high ceilings
* Terrace French tile roof
Pool and Pool House
* Enormous infinity pool fed from a natural spring
* Terrace and dressing room made with wood and French tile roof
* Pool surrounded by flowers and jungle (completely private, but with a view of the garden)
* Comfortable staircase to the house
* Old Artesian Well
* Old well with "boca de noria" style. Submerged water pump to fill the pool and water the exotic plants
* 10,000 lt. Water tank
* Warehouse and Nursery zone
* Huge modern warehouse with great possibilities to be renovated as another house
* Terrace for the nursery
* Compost zone
* Guard/caretaker house
* Traditional Maya-style house with kitchen and bathroom for the caretaker's family.
Fenced delimited space with feeder and water dispenser
Once raised 20 European red deer of high-quality stock, perfectly acclimatized
Bungalow-style house with stables. Possibility to become rooms if you transfer deer to a different location.
3 hectares with selected tropical grass for feeding the deer.
* Big water pump and irrigation system
* 10 HP Stainless steel water pump in a deep well
* Watering with two 100 Nelson canyons, with 7 valves
* 7 canyons with 1" valves
* Micro-aspersion irrigating system on the bamboo and heliconias
* Exotic tropical plants
* Bamboo plantations
* Variety of tropical fruittrees * Ornamental plants
* Variety of Palms
Commercial potential for the property:
* Multi/Functional boutique hotel with cabanas for guest. Sprawling gardens, large existing pool, and access to numerous tourist sites in the area such as Uxmal, Puuc Route, cenotes and more. The property could be multi-functional with a restaurant on the main road to Ticul and could have a nursery/store for locals to purchase plants. This could be an amazing destination for people traveling to and from Uxmal and Ticul. Ticul is nearby and is known for its pottery and shoe-making.
* Property could be restored to a functional nursery with all the needed elements already in place. Bamboo is becoming a popular building material in the region and many established species on the property.
* Permaculture project with all the elements already in place. Merida is nearby for selling plants, fruits, and vegetables with an emerging market for organic produce and meats. Many ideas of a boutique hotel could be incorporated in the nature retreat and destination to tourist passing by.
* Just use a private residence, this is ready for someone to have their dream tropical home deep in the countryside of the Yucatan. Have all the excitement of living in the jungle, yet still have pizza delivered to your door, high-speed internet and walk to the nearby open-air market!.