I took some more cuttings and put them in the second bed. Mulberry and wild grape.
My filtration right now is through my circulation pump. It's just a cheap submersible from harbor freight. There was no way to attach anything to the inlet. So I put it in a bucket. I used one bulkhead for an inlet, adapted to 1½" PVC. At the top of that, where I can reach it, there's a tee with some quilt batting inside. Most of the water to the pump has to pass through the batting to get in. (A little can flow in where the cord enters.) I put in a second bulkhead and plumbed it to the pump outlet. I adapted it to hose thread so I can direct to any tank I choose. (Water returns to the first tank via siphon bridge.) I've always found this type of filter more than adequate, but this year I've doubled the amount of water. (Soon to be triple.) I hope this will be enough, but time will tell.
The tee is just like this one, and in this orientation. (When I change my filter media, I rinse out the old one and put it in this tee until the next day.)
Here's the dirty media next too the clean one.