Dawn Hoff wrote: That is good to know. We don't need pain relief, fortunately - eczema is not as debilitating as arthritis in 99% of the cases -fortunately. Even if I do hate it - it is the least sucky of autoimmune diseases, you have my sympathies.
Casie Becker wrote:
I missed this the last time I read the thread. How big do these rock piles need to be to show benefit? I line almost all my beds with rocks, but it's just a single layer.
Leora Laforge wrote:
Supplement as mothers milk- I think it is supposed to be better than cow or goat, this would be due to similarities to human milk, however it is not exactly the same as human milk so it is not ideal.
Same properties as colostrum- absolutely not, domestic animal babies are born with a fully functioning immune system and no idea what to do with it, the purpose of colostrum is that it is a complete copy of the mothers antibodies, our domestic animals are born with leaky intestines that allow the antibodies to go straight through them and into the bloodstream. Humans have no need for colostrum, mothers transfer antibodies to their children in utero.
Len Ovens wrote:I wonder if something like this would be able to be transformed into something like that. The land ought to be very cheap if they are done mining. Getting it to start growing stuff again might take a while.
Regan Dixon wrote:I've known individuals of more "primitive" breeds like malamutes and eskies to seek out wild saskatoons and rosehips, with no human encouragement, and eat them. Wolves and kin may eat 80% meat, but what about the other 20% of their diet? Probably the berries give nutrition and fiber, and taste good to them, just the same as with us. Then there was my husky, who was a menace in my garden...stripping the peas off the vines at the peak of perfection, nipping off the tender little broccoli heads just forming, denuding the raspberry bushes...she had a taste for food at its peak of tender perfection. Oh, and wild strawberries. She would make a point of stopping to browse.