I see incredible value here for what you are asking. The forum threads from the last 1.5 years prepare any potential buyer with more details than any conventional real estate listing could ever hope to.
So no bids? OK, I'm gonna pitch an alternative strategy but I'll need help.
The assumptive punch list:
• you guys are in a place in your life where you are ready to make a move. that's cool, I have no interest in asking the age old "soooo... Why are you selling?" Question, it doesn't matter to me.
• You need the money to facilitate this next move. I get that.
The non-assumptive punch list:
• You will both continue to be awesome. I have no question that this is the case.
• you have done a staggering amount of impressive work with very low capitalization and shared the journey, I can't thank you enough for that.
• Realizing I don't have $800 to open the bidding, nor do I have the time to go to the Lab if I did, I slept on this situation with the specific question: "Hey Josh, what can you spend $100 on at your farm that could do more good for the world than what these two have proved they can do?" I woke up satisfied that there wasn't anything I could think of to answer that question.
So the pitch:
• I will commit $100 to you.
• I ask only that you document your future adventures in a way similar to what you have done here. I do not require this documentation. You choose the platform and regularity that you post, or if you post at all.
•You maintain the control of the improvements at the lab, and keep any money or barter you get from managing those improvements. This offer stands and will be honored even if you get bids over $800 for the improvements, no strings attached. I'll support you with my pledge even if you find a buyer.
• Just to be clear - this is a one way commitment, I'll paypal it ASAP if you want.
•I said above I'd need help. If anyone else feels the same and can in any way join in please do. Either commit here or Purple Moosage these guys directly, or ask them for direct email, etc. Please consider doing what you can. $1/$5/$20 (and up) can really stack up and make a difference to two proven leaders who have shown what can be done with grit and commitment.