A very green piece of wood is hollowed out and a narrow channel is carved in it. A fitted wooden round is then slid into place and the whole item is allowed to dry. As the wood dries, it shrinks, locking the bottom into the carved channel. Once cured, it is as solid as a single piece.
- no electrically powered lathe
To get certified for this BB provide photos or video (less than 2 minutes) showing the following:
- Your chunks of wood that you are starting with
- The hollowed section and carved bottom unconnected, with the hand tools you have decided to use for this
- List any power tools you used (Otis would love it if you only used hand tools)
- The finished product in use
If you settle for what they are giving you, you deserve what you get. Fight for this tiny ad!