Quercus is edited and published in Oxford, England by Nick Gibbs, with the assistance of freelance writers and magazine people. We will be publishing Quercus quarterly initially, and bi-monthly if there is sufficient demand. We hope you enjoy the magazine, and contact us with any ideas, comments or suggestions.
Before Quercus Magazine, Nick Gibbs edited and published Living Woods Magazine, a magazine about green woodworking and woodlands.
I was just checking out Quercus's website today, and WOW the magazine looks packed full of information!
Here's the contents of the latest issue:
• Making stave baskets The skills and making of a heritage craft with John Williamson
• The anatomy of drawers Derek Jones compares slips and grooves
• Planemaking Learn about making an 18th Century plane with Richard Arnold
• Scrolls saws v coping saws Robin Gates chooses a simple saw for shaping
• The history of axes Brett McCleod reveals the originals of the American axe
• Bern Chandley Phoebe Everill meets the modern bodger
• Drew Langsner’s Shaving Horses Than & Now
• Rex Krueger reveals history of Gage planes
• Japanese Joints Tim Brown on making a complex Castle joint