In this Badge Bit, you will build something truly amazing - a rocket powered water heater! Not a rocket fuel powered one, one that uses twigs!
There are many approaches or styles to do this, just be sure that it's unpressurized so that if you accidentally boil the water it doesn't go BOOM and you don't go SQUISH. There is a matching BB in the Rocket badge that you can potentially claim for this project (Rocket Water Heater in the Rocket Badge).
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- construct a water heater
- powered by a wood fired rocket heater
- unpressurized water vessel in contact with the heat
- can be batch or continuous flow
- must be able to heat 5 gallons of water in 30 minutes or less to 140F
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, provide proof of the following as pics or video (less than two minutes):
- the existing location before you start
- the bulk of the parts you're starting with
- 3 stages during the plumbing/vessel/piping construction
- the completed construction
- cold water going in [timestamp]
- 5 gallons of 140F or greater water coming out in under 30 minutes [timestamp]
- description of how the water heater works
- description of how you have avoided any chance of Boom-Squish
I think he's gonna try to grab my monkey. Do we have a monkey outfit for this tiny ad?
100th Issue of Permaculture Magazine - now FREE for a while