Summary New Society Publishers says, "From urban apartments to wild countryside, The Artisan Herbalist is an easy-to-use guide that teaches you how to identify, grow, harvest, forage, and craft herbal allies into an assortment of useful health and wellness products. Through storytelling and step-by-step instruction, The Artisan Herbalist covers:
- The uses and benefits of 38 easy-to-find yet powerful herbs
- Harvesting from the wild, foraging in the city, and using store-bought herbs
- Growing herbs in small areas, balconies, and pots
- Principles, tips, techniques, and formulas to create teas and tinctures
- Infusing oils for the creation of salves, lotions, and balms
- Beneficial herb-based recipes
- Marketing and selling your products through a home-based business."
About the Author New Society Publishers says "Bevin Cohen is an author, herbalist, gardener, seed saver, and educator. He is the owner of Small House Farm, a sustainable herb farm in central Michigan, offering a full line of herbal wellness products crafted from herbs that are grown or gathered from the wild and oils that are cold-pressed at the homestead."
Making Herbal Teas, Tinctures, and Salves with Bevin Cohen
From the video description:
"Explore the value of using wildcrafted and locally grown herbs from your own bio-region with Bevin Cohen. Bevin will discuss the quality, potency and sustainability of locally sourced herbs. He will also share the benefits of many well-known herbs, and a variety of methods that can be used to harness their healing properties; including teas, tinctures, salves and more."