Dale Hodgins wrote: …Bay laurel produces more mild leaves when they are trimmed like a hedge and constantly regrowing. The trimmings from a hedge like this would be suitable as a supplement for many types of livestock..
Khara Phetteplace wrote:My go to for paths in my upstate NY property is sand.
I like to save my wood chips for my compost piles & gardens. I found, altho wood chips compost down to improve the soil, on my steep pathways, it becomes slippery when wet.
r ransom wrote: My grandparents bought a house on the main road. Distance is difficult when one is a kid. 3.5 to 4 driveway width distance from heavy traffic
The developer made a sideways driveway parallel to the road for about 5 houses, then between that and the road, built a berm and massive hedge. You wouldn't know there was a main road there.
In Tokyo, I visited a garden. Tokyo is LOUD. But as soon as I entered the garden, all the noise stopped. Completely. No traffic, no nothing. It was like the scary feeling of being in the forest and suddenly the birds are quiet.