This course has over 4000 participants and over 100 reviews!
Reviews: "I really enjoy your outlook - I don't find it as utopian as I was expecting (sorry about that) Rather I feel it to actually be a realistic outlook. I am reading the book 'Sapiens' which your first few videos reminded me of quite bit." -Peter Stuart Turner
"Many thanks to the author of this series, for sharing this valuable information and experience with us! Those videos cover multiple important topics any sustainable farmer should consider. The information is mostly general and thus suitable for a starting point and becoming a good overview of the multiple facets one have to address in order to establish a good natural and sustainable farm. I recommend it!" -Svetoslav Vasilev
"So much information for such. Low price" Nancy Mannil
About the course: COURSE UPDATE MARCH 2019: New Material Added! Learn about quick startup farm strategies in the last three sections of this course.
COURSE UPDATE FEBRUARY 2018: Raps about permaculture added in the downloadable materials section. Based on the text from this course.
This course follows The Permaville Handbook: Strategies of Permaculture Design. Learn design strategies from real life examples from sustainable projects around the world.
In this course you will learn the basics of:
• Water filtration
• Building with earth
• Soil and compost
• Raising fish, insects and animals
In over 20 white-board animated videos, this course has over 4 hours of content. This course provides a broad analysis of nature and strategies for how we can be responsible custodians of earth.
Learn how to live off the land with strategies of permaculture design.
Who is the target audience for this course?
This course is for people who are interested in learning the basics of sustainable living. No experience required.
Does the Permaville Course count as a Permaculture Design Course certificate?
This course meets the basic requirements for a Permaculture Design Certificate. In-person permaculture design courses or sustainable living courses are highly recommended for hands-on experience and group discussions. There is no substitution for in-person learning environments.
Do I need any previous experience or qualifications?
A desire to learn
The course is in English
No other experience is required
• Story of permaculture
• Definitions of permaculture
• Agro, industrial, digital
• Social structures
Principles and Ethics
• Fundamental principles of a permaculture site
• Permaculture ethics – people care, earth care and fair share
Perma design strategies
Zones and sectors
Patterns in nature
• Phi proportion
• Using patterns in nature
Climates and microclimates
• Types of living settlements
• Urban design strategies
Areas of permaculture
Earthworks • What are earthworks
• Types of levels
• Earthworks elements - swales, bunds, terraces
• Methods for lining ponds
• Pond liners
Paths and access
• Footpaths – Types and specs
• Path drainage and erosion control techniques
• Building with earth
• Making mortar mix, adobe bricks
• Natural plastering, sealants and paints
• Building with cob, earthbags, rammed earth, bamboo, strawbale
• Properties of water and hydrological cycle
• Water sources, storage and filtration
• Water heating and conservation strategies
• Greywater systems
• Community recycling strategies
• Types of composting toilets