Location: Los Gatos, California Zone 10a (30°F to 35°F) Steep South Facing Slope, Rocky Soil, Ph 7.1
posted 1 week ago
Talking to people and surfing the internet - and the permies forum of course :-)
Context for me
- steep terrain, close to bedrock - no option to use tractor or large equipment
- Needs to hold in goats and dogs, and plan for cows and maybe sheep
- Ideally it would hold chickens as well.
- Mountain lions are our biggest predator followed by coyotes, bobcats
- Not solving for cheapest option, but one that will look good and have minimum maintenance for a long time.
- I will probably add paddocks as time and money allow
- My perimeter is too steep and unwieldy to fence
For me, I think the best bang for the buck is the Timeless Fence. It will do what I need it to do and will be much cheaper to install than woven wire. Has anyone use it or something similar? What are your thoughts on it?