Yesterday I finally completed a garden bed project I started almost a year ago. The garden bed in the picture is one of my raised bed wood chip gardens. The bedding was made with wood chips and wine caps and is highly fertile. Unfortunately, I got very little actual produce out of the gardens, thanks to deer and bunnies. This bed grew tomatoes and sweet potatoes last year and both crops were hit hard by the deer population, but the bunnies ate the sweet potatoes right down to their little stems.
My solution was to build a series of gates that can be lifted out to gain access, but left in place to keep the critters away. This project was actually quite a bit more involved than it looks, and I have my neighbor to thank for really helping me out in the last couple of days to get it finished off.
Basically, and section of fence can simply be lifted and removed for access and then I can replace the side to close it off to critters. I am glad I finally got it done as I need to get my summer crops started. I did get sweet potatoes started today and I plan on getting tomatoes started this weekend.