I am a 56 year old male and my name is Frank. I am reasonably well-traveled & I consider myself to be bright and upbeat. I've worked a variety of careers including graphic artist, management, database programmer, and a variety a manual labor jobs. I have been divorced for quite some time and have no children. I'm continuing to develop 30 acre homestead in the high desert in Arizona. My closest neighbor is about a quarter of a mile away. I know the majority of my neighbors they seem to be good people. My property is surrounded by mountains and has amazing sunsets. My home is located in Southeastern AZ, near Douglas about 11 miles from the Mexican border. The next closest town is bisbee Arizona. It is an old mining town that now has antique shops, art shops and restaurants. It's a great place for day trips or dinner.
It is important to me to continue to live a Serene and debt free life. I run my home on solar power and have potable water in a rain catchment system. I enjoy outdoor activities, including hiking, camping and dirt bike riding. I have no interest in sporting event, politics or the latest trends. I am currently raising chickens and rabbits. I don't drink, smoke, or take drugs and I don't have a criminal record. My spirituality is very important to me. I'm hoping to meet someone at a similar point in life with similar interests. Age, ethnicity, and financial status are not that important to me. I hope to find a good woman looking for a caring and committed relationship. If you're interested in a simple straightforward life that's not blown around by every news headline or the latest trend and southern Arizona is a place you might consider. I'm happy to tell you more about myself.
Awwww, you're adorable & your place looks amazing. If I wasn't deeply rooted to my land in Montana, surrounded by loving family & way too many critters, I'd be on my way to meet you, LOL. Good luck. A great guy like you will find that special gal
Greetings, Frank, I am very interested in sustainable living, new to AZ, living in Tucson. I spent 3 months on a permaculture ashram in Costa Rica in 2016. Definitely looking for more of this lifestyle. I have attached some info about me below from what I put up on another dating site. I don't see a way to attach a picture but would be happy to send one to you. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to connecting and learning more about your vision of homesteading. Walk in beauty--JP (BTW, I really do go by "JP", which stands for Joyous Passion, the name I gave myself after a profound healing epiphany over 20 years ago.)
How does one write what amounts to an advertisement to attract a starmate, that companion/playmate/lover/buddy/heart’s desire to share the 4th and 5th acts of the play of life? (FYI, I am 63, hale and hearty, very youthful for my age. So a lot of exercise.) By now, having been around the block a few times, I know what works and what doesn’t for me, and you probably do as well. Since valuing each other’s unique qualities and abilities while also appreciating the ability & necessity to be vulnerable are key parts of the long-term relationship I seek, I will try to include both to see what you may resonate with. While a heart-based union is much more than activities, my primary “love language” (from Gary Chapman’s book) is quality time, including lots of physical touch, cuddling, and more (, so I do want a playmate who enjoys similar activities, especially doing the “and more” outside in nature. So, without further ado, here is the unvarnished “JP”.
The Marketeer’s Viewpoint
• Highly degreed, overly educated professional is still working full-time while I wind down my career and plan “the next act”. Really want to plan it with YOU.
• World traveler has been to 6 continents and still needs to do Africa. Wanna go? COVID can’t stop us forever…
• Very fit and physically active, I am usually told I look much younger than my age. I certainly feel that way, and refuse to let a number determine how much life I have left in me.
• Comfortable in high heels at the symphony as well as hiking boots on the trail, then au natural skinny-dipping
• Very spiritually-oriented without ascribing to any organized religion. I find Truth in many places, including Buddhism, Sufism, shamanism, mindfulness/yoga practices, advaita/non-duality. I am a serious student of many forms of natural healing, including energy work, maximizing longevity through healthy lifestyle, acupuncture, mind-body techniques. I love the work of Joe Dispenza, Eckhart Tolle, and the Abraham-Hicks messages. I would enjoy a serious tantra partner.
The Place of Vulnerability
• Very high energy, I don’t spend a lot of time sitting still. I have tended to be a “human doing”, and now I am focusing most of my spiritual practice on becoming a “human being.” Some people are intimidated by my level of activity, and the breadth of things I am interested in.
• “Joyous Passion” (hence the initials “JP”) really is the name I gave myself after a healing epiphany opened my eyes to more of what exists in the Universe over 20 years ago. I do tend to be a very passionate person not afraid to express my own opinions, but don’t spend much time trying to convince anyone else to think the same way. I also don’t want someone who always agrees with me. I value diversity. (I am of Italian heritage, so I do talk with my hands a lot .)
• I have been described as "intense". I often ask questions and speak about the great mysteries of life that many people might label as "spiritual" or "philosophical". Hence, much of my spare time is spent exploring aspects of what I like to refer to as "the Mystery". None of this means that I am on the go all the time. I need plenty of quiet downtime, and am spending more and more of it in contemplation and energy work, such as qi gong.
• Often very persistent. This kept me in a couple of bad relationships long after they should have ended. I can be loyal and committed to a fault, whether to a person, a job or a cause.
• Grew up being a “people pleaser” and can be my own worst critic. Part of my spiritual growth is letting go of concern about what others think of me, and accepting myself, just as I am. In this ideal relationship I see, I am a mirror of my lover’s love for himself, and he is a mirror of my love for myself. We practice unconditional acceptance, with an emphasis on the “practice”
My Values—What’s Important to Me
• I am actively engaged in the process of co-creation every day. During a recent very big transition, I dedicated myself to Divine Service. I do this by applying the following mantra to every situation I can: “Is this in alignment with Divine Will, and for the highest good of all concerned?” I may not always get answers, but I think it leads me to better choices.
• Humility is my starting place. To be willing to trust the Divine, to trust another person, to admit I often don’t know anything.
• Mindful & contemplative. This includes being present AND non-judgmental at the same time. It is about being and becoming more aware. It includes being slower and more deliberate than I was in my youth.
• Open-hearted. I am only a conduit for Divine Love. Tolerance and unconditional acceptance of self and other are part of this. This also includes compassion for others and myself.
• Abundant. I live in a friendly universe which supplies a wealth of love, energy, friends, time, peace, material needs, so of course, I can be very generous. And, I choose to live a more minimalist lifestyle as it is in alignment with being a steward of the Earth.
• Kind. This is a reflection back to everything of its own Divinity.
• Non-Accomplishment. After a lifetime of accumulating a lot of things for the resume, I am now approaching life as “I am enough just being.” I have no more to prove, and life is not about what I achieve.
• Youthful, as in playful and willing to take risks. I am still willing to risk everything for true love. Are you?
• Adventurous. Helen Keller’s quote has been the signpost of my life: “Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all.”
• Eccentric. This should probably go above with the vulnerabilities. Although I can play the part with ease, I no longer choose to follow the madding crowd, don’t follow mainstream media or its activities. If you are looking for someone who marches to a different drummer, hugs trees, dabbles in “woo-woo”, and is interested in exploring the farthest reaches of the Universe, we need to talk.
Activities I Want to Share with a Partner
I live in a place where the climate is great year round because I want to be out in it every day. I just bought a truck camper to explore the awesome empty places on our continent. Most days, you will find me road biking, hiking or kayaking. I also enjoy exploring museums and history. I love the symphony, jazz, blues, new age music. I like to attend yoga, kirtan, meditation retreats, shamanic rituals, and other spiritual ceremonies. I am interested in sustainable living and minimalism.
When I was younger I felt like a man trapped inside a woman's body. Then I was born. My twin is a tiny ad:
permaculture bootcamp - learn permaculture through a little hard work