Today I went to a salt water disposal here in North Dakota. Usually the disposals use a epdm liner to make a waterproof holding area in case a tank burst. This disposal used something they said was a new technology. They took a material that looked like black felt, perhaps 1/8"-3/16" thick and rolled it out on the ground. They then took a two part chemical mixture and sprayed it on. It was an "A" and "B" component. This formed a thick elastic like coating that is completely waterproof.
I am not familiar with this process, but it got me to thinking. I remember an article, I believe by J.D. Hooker in a Backwoods Home magazine that talked about using a cotton tarp for a shed roof and painting it with an oil based paint to waterproof it. What if this was done to make a roof liner in a Wofati house?
I have purchased oops paint from the paint store for $1 per gallon. Perhaps use an oil based paint and apply it thickly over the felt to make a liner? Has anyone tried something like this before?
The felt is very forgiving to irregularities beneath it, and the paint would soak through it to make a waterproof liner. How well does enamel paint hold up underground?
Just a thought, this got my wheels to turning today.
Search for "flying concrete" and latex hypar roof. Abe on here has a post on his vela creations blogs about it. Concrete and latex paint over fiberglass. It works very well, but you need to the shape to add strength.
The a+b stuff is similar to truck bedliner. Not cheap--but a lot easier (less labor $$) to deal with than big EDPM and no welding seams.
"You must be the change you want to see in the world." "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." --Mahatma Gandhi
"Preach the Gospel always, and if necessary, use words." --Francis of Assisi.
"Family farms work when the whole family works the farm." -- Adam Klaus
On Thursday I went back to the same disposal and the crew from Texas was there finishing the liner job it had started. They said it was able to stretch 600% and cost about $6 per square foot to apply. That would be a little beyond my budget! EPDM or TPO would be a much cheaper alternative.