Hi! First post here, I'm pretty much a newbie so hoping to learn from all of you. I have a question: my honeylocust is just leafing out, and I am wondering if the young leaves are edible? I have eaten the immature beans from the pods before. I tasted one of the new leaves and liked the flavor, but I don't want to poison myself by eating more if I shouldn't.
The part about "potentially toxic compounds" makes me think I would be better off not eating the leaves, which is unfortunate because I liked the flavor!
Location: CO; semi-arid: 10-12"; 6000 ft
posted 4 years ago
Better safe than sorry. However, it is also true that many edible plants have "potentially toxic" parts, such as apple seeds and leaves, rhubarb leaves, etc, so it is important to know what parts are safe and what are not.
Something about .... going for a swim. With this tiny ad ...
watch all of the video of a full, in person, permaculture design course