• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Carla Burke
  • Nancy Reading
  • John F Dean
  • r ransom
  • paul wheaton
  • Jay Angler
  • Timothy Norton
stewards:
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Tereza Okava
  • Nicole Alderman
master gardeners:
  • Christopher Weeks
gardeners:
  • M Ljin
  • Megan Palmer
  • Pete Podurgiel

How did you give up using flush toilets?

 
pollinator
Posts: 299
Location: Salado, Texas
88
hugelkultur forest garden fungi foraging medical herbs ungarbage
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I forgot to mention my latest tweak ... with the 5 gallon pee bucket:

when I empty it, I rinse with collected rainwater and dump that rinse (not the raw urine) on nearest thirsty plant
then I add a couple inches of water to the bucket and a sprig of chlorox to keep the bucket from smelling
 
I got this tall by not having enough crisco in my diet as a kid. This ad looks like it had plenty of shortening:
better than composting toilets
https://www.richsoil.com/willow
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic