I might be leaving Atl to move to Chattanooga in the next month or two for a new job. Now that I'm escaping the city, I'd love to really get back to the country. I'm looking for land to rent. If you also have housing with utilities that would be a plus. Otherwise I'll just buy a cheap RV/camper. I do need access to potable water though.
Hear are my needs (deal breakers):
- within 20 minutes of Chattanooga (30-40 minutes including morning traffic)
- at least 10 acres. I'll take less (5+ acres) if it is part of a larger farm. I just want to make sure I have plenty of space between me and the nearest neighbor.
Here are my wants (nice to have but not a deal breaker):
- Easy going neighbors
- unused barn
- livestock trailer and truck to move it with that they would let me borrow a half dozen times a year
- rights to cut up downed trees if able to heat with wood.
- If you already have internet in place that would be HUGE since I may need to work from home on occasion
- rights to hunt on the property
I'm going to try my hand running goats, pigs, chickens and ducks in a mob grazing set up. Possibly other small livestock. I'd actually prefer neglected, overgrown land that you haven't been able to do anything with. I would get cheaper rent and the experience of clearing land with animals. You would get your neglected land restored. win/win.
I have two dogs (GSD and pit/boxer mix) that are moving with me. Both are really sweet and friendly. One must be kept outside when I'm not home due to separation anxiety (she tears up the house if no one is home). Other than that, no problems with either of them.
I'd consider a lease to own arrangement. Assuming this is successful, I want to buy some land in the future. I'd consider buying a little at first (5-10 acres) and adding on to it over time. For anyone that isn't quite ready to sell the family farm but plans to in the future this could be a great opportunity.
Trust God, but always tether your camel... to this tiny ad.