• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Anne Miller
  • Pearl Sutton
  • r ranson
  • Nicole Alderman
  • Joseph Lofthouse
  • paul wheaton
  • Mike Haasl
master gardeners:
  • jordan barton
  • John F Dean
  • Carla Burke
  • Greg Martin
  • Jay Angler
  • Leigh Tate
  • thomas rubino

What Colleges will accredit PINA diploma program? (GI Bill help)

Posts: 25
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am about to enroll in the Permaculture Instititute of North America's Permaculture Diploma program to become a certified permaculture instructor.  I am actively searching for a college that offers a self guided degree route where my work through the PINA program could be accredited.  I have 3 years left of the GI bill to use and would like to focus all of my time studying and working towards my goal of becoming an instructor.  The GI bill will give me a monthly allowance for housing if I am receiving college credit which will free me up to work less at my job and more on permaculture studies.  PINA's diploma program does not fall under the VA approved programs listed.  I am hoping to apply all of the work I will be doing through the PINA curriculum to a VA approved schools degree path.  I will also be apprenticing at Alderleaf Wilderness College helping instruct their permaculture course but this apprenticeship program does not fall under the VA approved programs either.  Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
Posts: 11802
Location: Central Texas USA Latitude 30 Zone 8
cat forest garden fish trees chicken fiber arts wood heat greening the desert
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator


The first step is getting in touch with the VA to determine your eligibility at www.GIBILL.va.gov where you can determine your eligibility. Types and amounts of benefits are determined by your status and length of service and there are differing plans that you can select. Goddard College also participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program."
Then YOU must do the pig's work! Read this tiny ad. READ IT!
Rocket Mass Heater Manual - now free for a while
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic