The Grow Network is the online home of a global network of people who are producing their own food and medicine. The purpose of the organization is to stop the destruction of the Earth, and “Home Grown Food on Every Table” is our catalyzing statement.
We offer inspiration and education via our online blog, video “how-to” tutorial products (physical DVD’s and digital access), and a community membership area, at: http://TheGrowNetwork.com
Our company culture is that of a team of adventurers and entrepreneurs, out to make a difference in the world. While our team is spread across the United States (and beyond), we meet regularly via face-to-face Skype conferences and gather 2-3 times each year to meet in person in various interesting locations, including Durango CO.
Are You Good With People and Vegetables?
Are you the kind of person who loves to throw totally awesome parties? Are you such a natural born networker that you’ve made friends or signed up new clients while waiting in line at the grocery store? The Grow Network is looking for a dynamic team player to join us as we create the most useful, simple, and fun homesteading resource on the web.
The Grow Network is currently composed of about 120,000 members, and we are scaling up our systems to handle 2 million members.
You are a person who knows you can work anywhere, but chooses to work with us.
Skills and Attributes Needed: (Please don’t apply if you don’t meet these criteria.)
• You have a passion for homegrown food and natural health – you already have a garden and/or livestock…you are growing some of your own food in some way.
• You have a minimum 5-years’ experience in internet marketing with a fluent understanding of affiliate marketing. Two-years’ experience directly in the role of Affiliate Manager is a plus.
• You have a 4-year college degree – bonus points if it is in business or marketing.
• You have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills – you love engaging with people.
• You are persistence with follow-up – a dozen interactions for an outcome doesn’t faze you at all.
• You are a skillful negotiator, always seeking win-win outcomes in delicate business relationships.
• You are detail oriented and have an instinct for organizing and categorizing with simple clarity.
• You are computer and internet savvy – you easily pick up new software.
• You have excellent time-management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects.
• You have been or currently are an entrepreneur, owning your own business or freelance gig at some point.
• You are comfortable working remotely as part of a geographically distributed team, across different time zones.
• You have a good sense of humor, and are a team player.
• You have good working knowledge (intermediate skills) with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Big pluses for familiarity with OntraPort, WordPress, Highrise, and Office-365.
The main objective of the Affiliate Manager will be to generate revenue for TGN, by:
• Creating attractive/compelling affiliate programs, collateral and product marketing launches.
• Seeking and recruiting new affiliate partners who have sizeable, well-aligned audiences.
• Managing and motivating our existing pool of affiliates to sell more TGN programs and products.
The Affiliate Manager will:
• Nurture exceptional partner relationships and provide regular performance reporting to affiliates.
• Negotiate and manage contracts and commission structures for affiliates.
• Maintain direct communication and recommend new campaigns for affiliates.
• Identify and recruit new affiliates through various networking approaches, including travelling approximately 6-8 times per year to Internet Marketing conferences, participating on social media and marketplace sites, etc.
• Proactively monitor traffic sources to determine which affiliates should be prioritized and focused on.
• Prepare and present reports for metrics such as # of affiliate partners recruited, conversion rates, etc.
• Maintain good record keeping of reciprocal click agreements and status with our top affiliates.
• Travel approximately 6-8 times per year to Internet Marketing Conventions, for networking.
To apply, send an email to “hr(at)thegrownetwork(dot)com”, with the subject line “Affiliate Manager – (your name).” Please attach your resume in word docx format, and a cover letter describing why you want to work for The Grow Network.
Additionally, in your email please include a link to a short “unlisted” YouTube video of yourself answering the brief set of questions below. Please, don’t worry about editing this video—we promise to not share it with anyone. Just do a one-shot video (shot with a webcam, cell phone, etc). Please just be yourself and answer the following questions:
1. What are you looking for in a new company/position?
2. What is one job perk that would motivate you like nothing else? (keep it reasonable please)
3. What is a goal or dream that really excites you?
4. What sets you apart? What will make us want to work with you?
"Home grown food on every table"
and POOF! You're gone! But look, this tiny ad is still here:
Dave Burton's Boot Adventures at Wheaton Labs and Basecamp