• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Anne Miller
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Nicole Alderman
  • Mike Haasl
  • r ranson
  • paul wheaton
master gardeners:
  • jordan barton
  • John F Dean
  • Rob Lineberger
  • Carla Burke
  • Jay Angler
  • Greg Martin
  • Ash Jackson
  • Jordan Holland

Need Oklahoma Attorney for business set-up

Posts: 388
Location: OK High Plains Prairie, 23" rain avg
cattle forest garden trees tiny house composting toilet building homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Wow, the purchase date got moved up and I am scrambling to figure out how to hold the land. I don't want it in my name, but as a business - LLC or somesuch. So, I am looking for referrals for an Oklahoma attorney who sets up businesses. If they also do wills that would be handy too. This will need to be done over the phone and via email, so their location doesn't matter greatly. I would appreciate any referrals ya'll give me to lawyers you have worked with who have done a good job for you.
Posts: 281
Location: SE Oklahoma
hugelkultur duck forest garden
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I don't happen to know any attorneys in Oklahoma, and you didn't mention why you wanted to use an LLC as the owner of the land. In case that is for privacy reasons, I do have some notes on that:

JJ Luna was recommending New Mexico LLCs, but now recommends Wyoming LLCs. Why at https://jjluna.com/new-llcs/

For privacy, you use one LLC to run a business and a second LLC to own the first.

How to open bank accounts using an LLC

How to open bank accounts using an LLC

The LLC’s federal employer identification number (EIN).  To learn how to get an EIN for an LLC, read article “How Do I Get a Federal Employer Identification Number for an LLC?“ http://www.keytlaw.com/azllclaw/2011/06/get-federal-employer-identification-number-for-llc/

To do business in Oklahoma, all LLCs organized outside of the state must register with the Oklahoma Secretary of State. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/oklahoma-form-llc-32022.html
After some pecan pie, you might want to cleanse your palatte with this tiny ad:
100th Issue of Permaculture Magazine - now FREE for a while
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic