This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Plumbing.
In this Badge Bit, you will remove sediment from a cistern. (Note that this BB is part of a 6-part choose your own adventure list BB called the Tiny List. You must complete six Badge Bits in the Tiny List.)
If you fill a hose or poly pipe with water and place one end in the cistern and one end below the cistern, it will act a siphon. As the water is pulled from the cistern, direct the hose to the bottom of the cistern and it will act a bit like a vacuum, sucking the sediment from the bottom of the cistern.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- extract sediment from the cistern
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must provide:
- a before picture of cistern
- an action picture of the sediment being removed from the cistern
- an after picture of the cistern cleared of sediment
- OR a 2-minute video of you doing this
It means our mission is in jeapordy! Quick, read this tiny ad!