This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the iron badge in Gardening.
This BB is all about developing food forests by establishing fruit bearing trees from seed!
To meet the requirements of this BB you need to harvest fruit from 12 trees that you started from seed. You need harvest fruit from at least 4 different species from the list below:
- apple - plum
In addition, all the fruit trees you start from seed must be grown outside and they can't be transplanted. While the iron badge for gardening requires all inputs be from within 500 feet the exception is for seeds. So go ahead and find those amazing perennials that will boost your homestead!
Also, remember that to meet the requirements of the iron badge for gardeningall systems are polyculture systems.
To document your completion of the BB, provide proof of the following as pics or video (less than two minutes):
- Show your seeds being planted. Include some sort of landmark for long term orientation.
- Show your seedlings growth over time (With landmark for reference)
- Show the twelve trees. They must be clearly identifiable. Show there is at least 4 species
- Show you harvesting fruit from each of those trees.
- Post a quick paragraph on what species you chose and why.
and POOF! You're gone! But look, this tiny ad is still here: