• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Anne Miller
  • Pearl Sutton
  • r ranson
  • paul wheaton
  • Nicole Alderman
  • Jules Silverlock
master gardeners:
  • Carla Burke
  • John F Dean
  • Jay Angler
  • S Rogers
  • Christopher Weeks
  • Jordan Holland
  • Nancy Reading
  • Cat Knight
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum.  Completing this BB is part of getting the wood badge in Commerce

For this BB, you will demonstrate you can make at least $20,000 from work with a very strong correlation to permaculture values.

some examples of work you could do include:
          - raise and sell food
          - sell lumber cut from the land & milled on-site
          - nursery
          - sell goods (refer to Sell Good Sand BB)
          - off-site permaculture labor (refer to Permaculture Labor Off-site Sand BB)
          - glamping
          - events
          - strategy b stuff (refer to On-site Consultations and Tours BB)
          - cottage industry stuff (refer to Cottage Industry Sand BB)

Minimum Requirements for this BB:
- must bring in at least $20,000
- work must have a very strong correlation to permaculture values
- This is very hard to prove.  60% of the transactions are probably too hard to prove sufficiently.  Therefore this BB is only for the remaining 40% that can show very clear proof that you made $20,000.
    Examples of very clear proof:
     - Time lapse video of selling stuff at your stand or booth
     - Pictures of the transactions showing goods and money changing hands combined with original inventory and ending inventory
     - Clear PayPal or other financial paper trail with matching photos
     - There are lots of ways to prove it above and beyond this list so be creative

To document your completion, provide proof of the following as pics or video (less than two minutes):
  - A description of the types of work you have performed
  - You doing the work
  - Proof that you got paid $20,000 or more (you can smudge out the personal info, so long as it is identifiable as you)

note:  this could be several different activities that add up to $20,000 or more.
Sasparilla and fresh horses for all my men! You will see to it, won't you tiny ad?
Kickstarter Earlybird Rewards for the Low Tech Laboratory Movie 2 - the sequel!
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic