This is a badge bit (BB
) that is part of the PEP curriculum
. Completing this BB is part of getting the straw
badge in Textiles
For this BB, you will weave a natural fiber blanket for a twin bed or larger.
To complete this BB, the requirements are:
- weave a blanket that will fit a twin bed or larger
- finished size should
be at least 65” x 90”
- yarn or thread
must be made from natural fibers, such as wool, alpaca, silk, cotton, linen
To document your completion of the BB, provide proof of the following as pictures or a video
(less than two minutes):
- A before picture of your loom and yarns.
- Describe the fiber content of your yarns and your weaving pattern or technique.
- A picture of weaving in progress.
- A picture of your finished blanket, showing the final measurements with a tape measure.
Wool blanket pattern
Blanket weaving patterns
For good information and tutorials on loom weaving, see the Weave a baby blanket BB page - https://permies.com/t/154547/pep-textiles/Weave-baby-blanket-textiles-straw