Win a copy of The Prairie Homestead Cookbook this week in the Cooking Forum forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources the cider press projects digital market permies.com private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Nicole Alderman
  • r ranson
  • Anne Miller
  • Pearl Sutton
  • James Freyr
  • Mike Haasl
  • paul wheaton
  • Dave Burton
stewards:
  • Joylynn Hardesty
  • Jocelyn Campbell
  • Joseph Lofthouse
garden masters:
gardeners:
  • Carla Burke
  • Steve Thorn
  • Eric Hanson

Full List of PDCs???

  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Permaculture Magazine (http://permaculturemag.org/) used to have a full list of Permaculture Design Courses, but it seems that their website is down(ish). I would love to take a credible PDC as close to me as possible (I'm in NW Arkansas near OK, MO, and KS). Does anyone know of a full list of PDCs in the US?

Thank you!
 
pollinator
Posts: 181
Location: Monticello Florida
34
homeschooling forest garden foraging chicken wofati food preservation wood heat homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Not sure, but I've heard that Geoff Lawton's online pdc is good.
 
master pollinator
Posts: 11537
Location: Central Texas USA Latitude 30 Zone 8
802
cat forest garden fish trees chicken fiber arts wood heat greening the desert
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
This is the only one I found in your region:

https://midwestpermaculture.com/jordan-rubin-missouri-farm-pdc/
 
Posts: 63
Location: South East Kansas
5
trees books cooking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Anthony Bosque Gonzalez wrote:Permaculture Magazine (http://permaculturemag.org/) used to have a full list of Permaculture Design Courses, but it seems that their website is down(ish). I would love to take a credible PDC as close to me as possible (I'm in NW Arkansas near OK, MO, and KS). Does anyone know of a full list of PDCs in the US?

Thank you!



I live in south east Kansas. You have help me a lot. Thank you.
 
Posts: 93
Location: NE Oklahoma
13
monies dog forest garden fungi foraging hunting books bee solar rocket stoves homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I live in Northeastern Oklahoma and would love to attend Jordan Rubin's PDC in Southwest Missouri.
 
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
there is a great opportunity to do the  Permaculture Design Course online. The course is the classic, official 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate Course (PDC) as taught by the founders of Permaculture – Bill Mollison and David Holmgren and taught by Dr. Alan Enzo and other highly-qualified teachers from the Permaculture Education Center.

 
T Blankinship
Posts: 63
Location: South East Kansas
5
trees books cooking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Franziska Weiss wrote:Hi,
there is a great opportunity to do the  Permaculture Design Course online. The course is the classic, official 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate Course (PDC) as taught by the founders of Permaculture – Bill Mollison and David Holmgren and taught by Dr. Alan Enzo and other highly-qualified teachers from the Permaculture Education Center.



This could work for me, I only have a few questions. Can the homework assignments and Final Design Project be done on less than a quarter of an acre? Also would one need to buy anything more for the course like animals, tools .etc? Is there anything in the homework or project that would be prohibitive in a city?
 
Franziska Weiss
Posts: 3
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

T Blankinship wrote:

Franziska Weiss wrote:Hi,
there is a great opportunity to do the  Permaculture Design Course online. The course is the classic, official 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate Course (PDC) as taught by the founders of Permaculture – Bill Mollison and David Holmgren and taught by Dr. Alan Enzo and other highly-qualified teachers from the Permaculture Education Center.



This could work for me, I only have a few questions. Can the homework assignments and Final Design Project be done on less than a quarter of an acre? Also would one need to buy anything more for the course like animals, tools .etc? Is there anything in the homework or project that would be prohibitive in a city?



Hi,
yes, that's totally possible! The homework assignments are mainly theoretical, so there is no need to buy anything (an example could be something like research medicinal plants/fruit trees native to your area).  The final design project needs to be based on a actual property, but there is no mandatory to implement it, although that would be ideal of course. The size of the site doesn't matter, as permaculture can be done anywhere, even on a balcony or in a small backyard! You will have to design the project according to your local circumstances, so if you are in a city, then nobody will expect you to design it with lots of animals involved for example or with anything else that might be prohibited.

Hope that helped, let me know if you have any other questions!
 
The permaculture playing cards make great stocking stuffers: http://richsoil.com/cards
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!