• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Nicole Alderman
  • paul wheaton
  • Anne Miller
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Mike Haasl
  • Joylynn Hardesty
stewards:
  • r ranson
  • James Freyr
  • Burra Maluca
master gardeners:
  • Steve Thorn
  • Greg Martin
gardeners:
  • Ash Jackson
  • thomas rubino
  • Carla Burke

Looking for Land in Or Near conscious community

 
Posts: 7
Location: WA
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hey there~
My name is Cate (29) and I semi recently got back from a 1.5 year pilgrimage in Asia where I lived in a tent practicing self renunciation and minimal living in nature.
What a journey!
Now I am back into this world, and its functioning, but would love to lead a simple and natural life. A life of Nature, Forests, and Beauty!
I teach healing methods and meditation, and lead healing workshops. I have a background in psych which I have veered away from, very much so more into conscious healing and hypno / grounding now.
I would love to contribute to the efforts of a loving community. I love permaculture and nature, and loving vulnerability.
I would love to join a community, but moreso, to buy land near a community (wheres yours?) or find semi privacy within an existing community~
either way, to come and contribute, and help heal and also to learn. as I tend to hermit a lot in my space, and do long meditations. I would love some forested space, where I can put an off grid yurt, that is near heart-full people. I like the PNW for living..
Any Ideas?
Love to you all
Cate
41855726_10156097595116312_2744330514113495040_n.jpg
[Thumbnail for 41855726_10156097595116312_2744330514113495040_n.jpg]
Hitch hiking in Ladakh
41850552_10156097597376312_6826243376120070144_n.jpg
[Thumbnail for 41850552_10156097597376312_6826243376120070144_n.jpg]
hima
 
Posts: 113
Location: USDA zone 6a/5b
8
forest garden food preservation bee
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Do you have any preferences as far as location/climate/off-grid?

there is a nice community in Ecuador called 'Sacred Suenos' they have a facebook page and a blog page...I stayed there for 2 weeks...beautiful place yet 2 hour hike from Vilcabamba
 
Posts: 16
Location: Southern Oregon
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi cate,
I hope your search has been fruitful. If not, you may want to check out ic.org (intentional communities magazine). They’ve got a near complete list of communities, as well as job offerings, and other useful info. I know I recently saw some positions available at a place called breitenbush (so?). They are a community in Oregon, centered around the hot springs on the property, offering retreat facilities. There’s also Aprevecho (so?). Also in Oregon and I believe more centered around permaculture eduction.
I myself, am in southern Oregon, close to Ashland, which is a pretty “progressive” community. I have some off-grid forest land with minimal infrastructure that I am hoping to find a group of folks to make into a community. If you’d like to discuss what I’ve got going on in detail, let me know and I’d be happy to share. I do have an ad here, in the intentional communities forum.
Good luck,
Leaf
 
Posts: 12
Location: Aysen, Chile
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Maybe this is something for you?

https://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostid=82808
 
pollinator
Posts: 482
284
solar wood heat
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Cate,

Of course we would love to have you here at Wheaton Labs in our Boot Camp. After a month in Boot camp, you'll get an acre to modify to your preference! After four months, your rent will be paid for the rest of the year on that acre.  That acre remains "yours" as long as you come up with a deposit and the yearly rent once you've been through the Boot Camp.

I know of a second location in the PNW but before I invite anyone to live there, I'd like them to come to Wheaton Labs for 100 days....now would be a really great time to come to Wheaton Labs for that 100 days.

Currently, there are four people who do mediation on a regular basis, two vegans and one vegetarian.
 
Posts: 4
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Kate:  We posted about our permaculture homestead in Maine earlier today and then I started looking around this site and saw your post.  Take a look at our post and reply if our post appeals to you.  Be well!
 
Cate Sam Legate
Posts: 7
Location: WA
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Thomas Levesque wrote:Hi Kate:  We posted about our permaculture homestead in Maine earlier today and then I started looking around this site and saw your post.  Take a look at our post and reply if our post appeals to you.  Be well!



Thank you for your response. Maine is a bit far but who knows what life will bring! Perhaps I could see a little of your farm or land?
So lovely, doing a tour this summer of MT OR WA, wish you were near...
Thanks  & Well Wishes
 
Cate Sam Legate
Posts: 7
Location: WA
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Orin Raichart wrote:Hi Cate,

Of course we would love to have you here at Wheaton Labs in our Boot Camp. After a month in Boot camp, you'll get an acre to modify to your preference! After four months, your rent will be paid for the rest of the year on that acre.  That acre remains "yours" as long as you come up with a deposit and the yearly rent once you've been through the Boot Camp.

I know of a second location in the PNW but before I invite anyone to live there, I'd like them to come to Wheaton Labs for 100 days....now would be a really great time to come to Wheaton Labs for that 100 days.

Currently, there are four people who do mediation on a regular basis, two vegans and one vegetarian.




Hello and thank you for writing! Sounds like a beautiful system / place.
I am doing a tour of MT , OR , WA, this summer, and would love to come and see the place and meet you all.
Lets create a meeting ~ !

Thank you & Well Wishes
 
Cate Sam Legate
Posts: 7
Location: WA
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Flora Greg wrote:Maybe this is something for you?

https://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostid=82808



This is so beautiful! I could learn a lot from them... Hmmm! I will add to my list.
Thank you for sharing~~~Be Well
 
Cate Sam Legate
Posts: 7
Location: WA
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Leaf Bailey wrote:Hi cate,
I hope your search has been fruitful. If not, you may want to check out ic.org (intentional communities magazine). They’ve got a near complete list of communities, as well as job offerings, and other useful info. I know I recently saw some positions available at a place called breitenbush (so?). They are a community in Oregon, centered around the hot springs on the property, offering retreat facilities. There’s also Aprevecho (so?). Also in Oregon and I believe more centered around permaculture eduction.
I myself, am in southern Oregon, close to Ashland, which is a pretty “progressive” community. I have some off-grid forest land with minimal infrastructure that I am hoping to find a group of folks to make into a community. If you’d like to discuss what I’ve got going on in detail, let me know and I’d be happy to share. I do have an ad here, in the intentional communities forum.
Good luck,
Leaf



Hello! I will write to your Inbox now!

Thanks and Well Wishes
 
Cate Sam Legate
Posts: 7
Location: WA
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ben Gorski wrote:Do you have any preferences as far as location/climate/off-grid?

there is a nice community in Ecuador called 'Sacred Suenos' they have a facebook page and a blog page...I stayed there for 2 weeks...beautiful place yet 2 hour hike from Vilcabamba




I was thinking around OR/WA/MT But at this point I will follow my feet
I have been having signs to go to South America, and Perhaps this place is calling...!

Thanks and Well Wishes
 
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Cate,
   We have started  up off grid  on a a 60 acre micro environment on  river in southern Oregon. The natives say it is a place of healing.My personal experience has taught me that it is. Your comments on healing and teaching captured my attention . I've always felt that this should be a place of healing for others as well. I can't claim any gifts in that area myself ,but I have some  loved ones who are gifted that way.  On your tour thru Oregon You are welcome to stop by and visit with us if you are interested.  dananjan7@gmail.com
 
Orin Raichart
pollinator
Posts: 482
284
solar wood heat
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Cate Sam Legate wrote:....


Hello and thank you for writing! Sounds like a beautiful system / place.
I am doing a tour of MT , OR , WA, this summer, and would love to come and see the place and meet you all.
Lets create a meeting ~ !

Thank you & Well Wishes



Hi Cate,  

One way to visit Wheaton Labs is through our boot camp program link here

In this program, we do 40 hours of work per week plus 4 to 8 hours of nesting labor. After 30 days, you get an acre you can modify and after four months, you have the rent paid on the acre for the rest of the year.

Paul prefers that visitors do the Boot Camp visit so that he can weed out those whose intentions may not be stellar  -check it out for a couple of days!  We have a bright good group of people here at the moment!

If you'd like, here's my email: twobirdstone at gmail
 
Could you hold this puppy for a sec? I need to adjust this tiny ad:
Mike Oehler's Low-Cost Underground House Workshop & Survival Shelter Seminar - 3 DVD+2 Books Deal
https://permies.com/wiki/48625/Mike-Oehler-Cost-Underground-House
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic