This might be a deadly Galerina. If so NOT a mushroom you want to mess with. Especially don't eat it, they can shut down your kidneys and liver. They can be all brown or turn a honey tan color. They have rustly color gills and grow on old wood or wood chips. I would look it up and see if you think it might be this. Mushrooms can be hard to identify as so many have look a likes. You can try doing a spore print by putting the cap on a sheet of paper and leave it for a day or so. The spor print will be brown or rusty in color.
One that looks somewhat like the Deadly Galerina is a honey mushrooms but they are more common in the fall although can be seen in the spring. They are somewhat toxic raw but can be eatan if cook for at least 15 mins. They however are not good to have around trees as they will kill the tree roots. The honey mushrooms gills are usually white or light yellow and the spors are white too.