• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education experiences global resources the cider press projects digital market permies.com private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Nicole Alderman
  • r ranson
  • paul wheaton
  • Mike Jay
  • Anne Miller
  • Jocelyn Campbell
stewards:
  • Devaka Cooray
  • Joseph Lofthouse
  • Burra Maluca
garden masters:
  • Dave Burton
  • Pearl Sutton
gardeners:
  • James Freyr
  • Joylynn Hardesty
  • Daron Williams

Most direct way to support the empire?  RSS feed

 
Posts: 196
Location: Perkinston Mississippi zone 9a
23
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It seems Paul had a thread about this before but I can't seam to find it. Is he still doing the drop a dime thing? or what other ways can I get a little $ to him? Buying the podcast seems to have a high fee.
 
John Redman
Posts: 196
Location: Perkinston Mississippi zone 9a
23
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just realized I misplaced this in "solar".
 
John Redman
Posts: 196
Location: Perkinston Mississippi zone 9a
23
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Damn it get quiet when you talk about money around here. Donated though the PayPal account @ http://www.richsoil.com/paul-wheaton.jsp.
 
Posts: 58
Location: Minnesota, USA (Zone 4b)
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Paul Redmond wrote:It seems Paul had a thread about this before but I can't seam to find it. Is he still doing the drop a dime thing? or what other ways can I get a little $ to him? Buying the podcast seems to have a high fee.



Tip the Web is still available at The RichSoil site at the bottom of the page. Doing it this way you can show your support for individual things by clicking on the appropriate page you'd like to support. Or buy podcasts.
 
master steward
Posts: 26688
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
bee chicken hugelkultur trees wofati woodworking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Got it!

Awesome!

So now the question is: what would you like in return?
 
John Redman
Posts: 196
Location: Perkinston Mississippi zone 9a
23
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Not a thing Paul. Your under compensated ,to say the least, for all the time you have invested in podcast. Not to mention the other things you do for permaculture and this forum. I know you've already expressed concerns in podcast & I find threads where it sounds like the free thing is about to come to an end. And it should.
I gave less than $0.30 cent per podcast and I'm embarrassed that's all I gave. I've accumulated a pretty good grasp on permaculture though your voice and I just wanted to thank you.
IMO there are more than enough PW podcast out for free and a person would be well aware of what he or she was purchasing. Don't give them away any more, especially the ones that are to come. I can only speek for my self, but I can't wait to hear about your property, the systems you start with and most of all the system pop when it starts to sing.
Thanks man! Don't leave me on the cliff unless you've planted a polyculture there.
 
John Redman
Posts: 196
Location: Perkinston Mississippi zone 9a
23
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sent you another little snack for the latest podcast Paul. Thanks for feeding the pod people.

 
paul wheaton
master steward
Posts: 26688
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
bee chicken hugelkultur trees wofati woodworking
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Paul,

Thanks man. I bumped your apple count a bit.

Several people have been putting dollars into the fund with a note that says "take some time off" or "gotta give this to you for stuff you have already done" --- gotta say, this really puts fuel in my fire. Thanks!
 
Posts: 80
Location: North Yarmouth, ME
5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Kirk Marschel wrote:Tip the Web is still available at The RichSoil site at the bottom of the page. Doing it this way you can show your support for individual things by clicking on the appropriate page you'd like to support. Or buy podcasts.



The "Tip the Web" is the purple icon at the bottom of the RichSoil site. It was annoying to find at first.

Also, is there a link to amazon where Paul gets a share? More than once I've purchased a book or dvd discussed on the podcast and haven't had a link that somehow gives Paul the $.000005.
 
John Redman
Posts: 196
Location: Perkinston Mississippi zone 9a
23
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Justin Deri wrote:

Kirk Marschel wrote:Tip the Web is still available at The RichSoil site at the bottom of the page. Doing it this way you can show your support for individual things by clicking on the appropriate page you'd like to support. Or buy podcasts.



The "Tip the Web" is the purple icon at the bottom of the RichSoil site. It was annoying to find at first.

Also, is there a link to amazon where Paul gets a share? More than once I've purchased a book or dvd discussed on the podcast and haven't had a link that somehow gives Paul the $.000005.


I agree Justin, it seemed hard to find a way to invest. Then when I did find a couple of links, it was difficult to figure out which one takes the smallest fees. I to come to permies and have to search for a link for amozon. Not trying to add to The List, but maybe a "support the empire" forum would be nice. It might have a locked thread at the top displaying a list of ways to support. That list might be in order of which gets the most of a dollar to the empire. I feel the topic is pretty important but it seems to be buried in threads throughout the site.
 
paul wheaton
master steward
Posts: 26688
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
bee chicken hugelkultur trees wofati woodworking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you follow amazon links on this page and then buy stuff i get a kickback on all the stuff: http://www.richsoil.com/permaculture-books.jsp

the tiptheweb stuff did not turn out as awesome as I had hoped.

We had a link at the top for a few weeks that said "support the empire" that went to this thread: http://www.permies.com/t/19160/tnk/feed-empire

I think I mentioned the thread two or three times on the daily-ish email. Total income was something like seven dollars.
 
Justin Deri
Posts: 80
Location: North Yarmouth, ME
5
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

paul wheaton wrote:If you follow amazon links on this page and then buy stuff i get a kickback on all the stuff: http://www.richsoil.com/permaculture-books.jsp

the tiptheweb stuff did not turn out as awesome as I had hoped.

We had a link at the top for a few weeks that said "support the empire" that went to this thread: http://www.permies.com/t/19160/tnk/feed-empire

I think I mentioned the thread two or three times on the daily-ish email. Total income was something like seven dollars.



Then this is the amazon link we should use: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=fte12-20. Can you put that in your signature? Or at the bottom of the template for the threads? I just feel it should be accessible from anywhere on the permies site within one click. Or even at the top.
 
paul wheaton
master steward
Posts: 26688
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
bee chicken hugelkultur trees wofati woodworking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What if we put it as a link at the top of the tinkering forum?

As mentioned earlier: it was put at the top of all forum pages, and it did not earn its keep there. That is some very valueable real estate.
 
Justin Deri
Posts: 80
Location: North Yarmouth, ME
5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
How about within the thread just to the left of the social media linky-doodle-buttons? There's some real estate there. Even if I narrow the window there is enough space to say something with the amazon link.

Justin
 
paul wheaton
master steward
Posts: 26688
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
bee chicken hugelkultur trees wofati woodworking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
That would require code modifications. Maybe after the new look and feel is done.

I added a link to the top of the tinkering forum.
 
Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students - Robin Williams. tiny ad:
Food Forest Card Game - Game Forum
https://permies.com/t/61704/Food-Forest-Card-Game-Game
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!