I just dropped the price of
the permaculture playing cards
for a wee bit.

 

 

uses include:
- infecting brains with permaculture
- convincing folks that you are not crazy
- gift giving obligations
- stocking stuffer
- gambling distraction
- an hour or two of reading
- find the needle
- find the 26 hidden names

clickity-click-click

  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Spur of the moment cardboard art  RSS feed

 
Nicanor Garza
Posts: 144
Location: Yakima county, Washington state
9
bike books cat forest garden greening the desert
  • Likes 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I was so board yesterday, so I broke out my old oil paint set and did some abstract art.
I felt like I was on a role that day.
P1040435.JPG
[Thumbnail for P1040435.JPG]
 
Steven Joel
Posts: 15
Location: Victoria, Australia
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Looking good Nicanor!

Inspires me to get the paints out. I will put up a pic if anything interesting emerges
 
Nicanor Garza
Posts: 144
Location: Yakima county, Washington state
9
bike books cat forest garden greening the desert
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Steven Joel wrote:Looking good Nicanor!

Inspires me to get the paints out. I will put up a pic if anything interesting emerges

thanks Steven, I look forward to yours as well.
 
Landon Sunrich
pollinator
Posts: 1703
Location: Western Washington
21
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
That does look good. Ready made for pinwheels in the breeze looks like to me.

If I had a camera I'd add something here. If I had a video camera it would turn into an hour long rant.

envision if you will two boxes of 20 single serving tea bags. Both are the same cardboard temp let. One is peppermint. On is an exotic blend of of green tea and ginger and pear. One has a drab brown inside. The other is printed with the most spectacular eastern interlacing patterns. Guess which one I think is worth the 3.50 $

I'll give you a hint. It's the one that makes awesome card stock.

Repurposing stuff for art is awesome. One of the highest and worthiest of human pursuits.
 
Landon Sunrich
pollinator
Posts: 1703
Location: Western Washington
21
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Landon Sunrich wrote:


Repurposing stuff for art is awesome. One of the highest and worthiest of human pursuits.


Unless of course you're John Zerzan
 
Nicanor Garza
Posts: 144
Location: Yakima county, Washington state
9
bike books cat forest garden greening the desert
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Landon Sunrich wrote:That does look good. Ready made for pinwheels in the breeze looks like to me.

If I had a camera I'd add something here. If I had a video camera it would turn into an hour long rant.

envision if you will two boxes of 20 single serving tea bags. Both are the same cardboard temp let. One is peppermint. On is an exotic blend of of green tea and ginger and pear. One has a drab brown inside. The other is printed with the most spectacular eastern interlacing patterns. Guess which one I think is worth the 3.50 $

I'll give you a hint. It's the one that makes awesome card stock.

Repurposing stuff for art is awesome. One of the highest and worthiest of human pursuits.

I would think it would be the one with the more variant ingredients. But then if people don't care for ingredients its the colorful box people get.
as for cardstock, I would definitely use ones that help identify what i have in my own garder or use a reflective projector and draw some of that image on my wall.
 
Landon Sunrich
pollinator
Posts: 1703
Location: Western Washington
21
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
See the one with the cool exotic ingredients is the very same as the one with the awesome design (and no adds) printed on the inside! The one that like a 1/3 of a mint plant in a box 20 cents cheaper. I bought it out of spite. So I could make this very comparison. Function stacking is important damnit!
 
It's just a flesh wound! Or a tiny ad:
Video of all the PDC and ATC (~177 hours) - HD instant view
https://permies.com/wiki/65386/paul-wheaton/digital-market/Video-PDC-ATC-hours-HD
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!