• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Carla Burke
  • Nancy Reading
  • John F Dean
  • r ransom
  • paul wheaton
  • Jay Angler
  • Timothy Norton
stewards:
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Tereza Okava
  • Nicole Alderman
master gardeners:
  • Christopher Weeks
gardeners:
  • M Ljin
  • Megan Palmer
  • Pete Podurgiel

!! In the quiet hours of the bootcamp grind, I found myself: Esteban's Bootcamp Experience

 
pollinator
Posts: 408
1275
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
B.E.L. Post # 272

This morning we headed out to the Abbey and spent the morning cleaning up all the woody bits that had been staged outside the entrance.

I was bucking them to length while Dan, Leo, and Sam were splitting and stacking the wood onto the bed of Roy. Jesse was splitting wood too, processing kindling and stacking it into the smaller firewood rack to the right of the Abbey door.

Once we had the majority of the pile processed and the area cleaned up, we loaded up the firewood and hauled it over to Cooper Cabin. We started filling in the outside firewood racks there before heading back to Base Camp for lunch.

After lunch, I threw another layer of woody bits on top of the east berm and then added another layer of soil over it. After that I slowly worked my way through the tree I felled this past Sunday, bucking and processing it a bit at a time.

I eventually switched over to doing some chop and drop for the rest of the afternoon.

It was a pretty productive day. A lot of wood got processed, moved, and put to use, and I got a little more work done on the berm and the tree from Sunday. Just another one of those days where a bunch of little projects slowly start coming together.
20260929_091411.jpg
Sam being Sam
Sam being Sam
20260929_091414.jpg
Jesse plucking away at the pile
Jesse plucking away at the pile
20260929_092459.jpg
[Thumbnail for 20260929_092459.jpg]
20260929_092828.jpg
[Thumbnail for 20260929_092828.jpg]
Pile of woody bits we're currently in progress of processing
20260929_094246.jpg
[Thumbnail for 20260929_094246.jpg]
 
Their achilles heel is the noogie! Give them noogies tiny ad!
better than composting toilets
https://www.richsoil.com/willow
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic