• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Anne Miller
  • Pearl Sutton
  • r ranson
  • Nicole Alderman
  • Mike Haasl
stewards:
  • paul wheaton
  • Joseph Lofthouse
  • James Freyr
master gardeners:
  • Carla Burke
  • John F Dean
  • jordan barton
gardeners:
  • Jay Angler
  • Greg Martin
  • Leigh Tate

5 Acres Square Between Olympia & Porltand for sale!

 
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
So I'll preface this with the fact that I'm just now beginning the marketing of my home & land, so please know that I'm just a guy with a great spot for sale, and will do my best to provide as much information as possible in the ad & in communications to be up front & clear about this property, but I'm not a real estate expert & any eventual sale would require legal/real estate assistance by both parties.

This 4.98 parcel was purchased with my former partner as we were set to build our own small homestead & permi farm.. but lives change, people move onward, and now sadly it's my turn to take flight. This is a GREAT spot & the bones to make a wonderful homestead for those not afraid of a little labor.

I can be reached at 503.875.4557

What is being offered is a parcel that I believe is technically 4.98 acres in Toledo Wa, Lewis County. It's not a modern & upscale place, and by the mainstream market can & should be considered a "fixer", but a VERY livable one.. the fixing up is only for taste, it's 100% ready for living, which I currently do.

The home itself is what can only be described as a double wide with a few additions as well as a permanent & relatively new composite roof. The home is NOT on a concrete foundation & therefore I don't think is attractive to large bank lenders, but I'm not certain. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom.

It's located on a creek that flows year round, and becomes quite a river in winter months. 1/2 of the acreage is for the most part flat & grass covered, while the other half is over a small cliffside with foot access to the forested river bed. If hiking trails & cool forests to relax in is on your list of potential properties, this may be worth taking a look at.

In addition to the house, there is a GIANT century old barn that could easily fit five or so 18 wheelers side to side & have them fully inside from front to rear, but obviously there are structural posts in the way of actually parking rigs in it! It does need work done to make it fully enclosed, as only 75% is walled in, the other 25% are exposed to the elements (but covered by roof)

It has an awesome well that was just completely refurbished with a new pump, so the water is top notch!

And in the name of not wasting time.. here is what is WRONG with the place..
The septic is bad. I've still not yet had a full investigation done as to what is wrong with it, or what the costs of remedying it. As a young single guy, I've gone many years using an alternative/composting toilet.

That is about the only "major" issue I can really state, but again the house isn't brand new so if modern is what you're after, the current house may not fit the bill.

I'm available most days of the week to show it, but would require at least 24 hours notice.
Property taxes are in the range of $800 per year.
 
Posts: 70
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I missed the price, how much is it?
 
pollinator
Posts: 182
Location: Washington Timber Country
42
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yeah, please come back with a price. I know of some folks that have been considering places near Adna, and this isn't too far from there and might be an option.

Also, are you willing to carry the note, or do you need to be paid in full up front?
gift
 
10 Podcast Review of the book Just Enough by Azby Brown
will be released to subscribers in: soon!
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic