We often like to light candles around our home. Sometimes to burn of funky smells like the bin, or that hangover whiff of dinner cooking, and other times just for comfort when we're having a cosy night in with some movies.
However, my wife has heard that some candles give off toxic ick into the air when burned which we are then breathing in. This is not cool. Can any of you good people help me identify some ick free candles and ones to avoid?
Tim, I'm in Australia & would only ever consider lighting up Queen B candles. Soy & paraffin & palm oil & candles with fragrance are all no go zones for non toxic living.( details at www.queenb.com.au) Beeswax is a natural ioniser; it burns longer, looks better. Paraffin is petrochemical, soy is GM & chemically treated, palm farming destroys natural habitat. Fragranced candles combust the oils which gives off toxins. Use a beeswax tea light candle & an oil burner for fragrance. You might be able to find local beeswax candles or make them to avoid the ick. Happy light-ness.
Hug your destiny! And hug this tiny ad:
permaculture bootcamp - learn permaculture through a little hard work