How To Harvest
The Ultimate Survival Food
Right Outside Your Door
Once You Try This Adventurous Food Source
You’ll Never Worry About Going Hungry Again!
The Grow Network is proud to share Allen Davisson's ebook and video The American Bug Eaters Handbook, about harvesting delicious and nutritious meals from the insect world.
Imagine what it would be like to step outside your door anytime you want and grab some of the most nutritious food on earth, full of Omega-3 fats, protein and fiber. Sustainable food you don’t have to plant, grow or tend to. Tasty food you can find and enjoy in virtually every climate and environment.
That is what Allen Davisson's ebook and video will show you:
• What bugs actually taste like
• Which common bugs are always safe to eat
• How to catch enough bugs to satisfy your appetite
• Which bugs taste best - and which you probably ought to save for true survival situations only
• How to attract and even farm insects as a food source
• Which bugs you can eat raw...and which you shouldn't
• Campfire recipes that turn bugs into a gourmet meal
I have eaten many crickets and grasshoppers. They were good once you got over the idea. They were even better with lime and chile, as they eat many things in Mexico.
Once I brought them to a party. No one would eat them until about the third beer. Then one person ate them, then another, then another, then they were all gone. Pretty much everyone liked them.
I think we're going to need to think along these lines in the future. A vegan doctor I was listening to didn't want people to eat meat, but he said that if you want to eat meat, eat bugs. They are the healthiest and have the least impact on the environment.
For a cheap, environment free, cultivable source of protein, it's hard to beat bugs.