Large Mammals are fun to catch. They're also good to eat. Youtube and/or your grandpa can probably teach you all you need to know to catch and prepare a large mammal. Preparation methods vary depending on the species. For instance, Pigs can be scalded and scraped or skinned like you would skin a deer. Preparation techniques also vary by country/region so do whatever you want as long as the animal is treated humanely.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements is to catch, butcher and preserve one large mammal.
o It has to be over 50 lbs.
o All salvageable meat need to be harvested
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- A picture of the animal with your catching equipment(?)
- A picture of the cleaned/gutted animal
- A picture of the offal cleaned (Fat/skin removed from kidney, skin removed from heart, Bile sack removed from the liver)
- A picture showing the animal processed into smaller amounts for eating ( weighted, labelled, bagged/wrapped)
- 2 photos showing the carcass picked over, showing most of the meat was harvested
Brace yourself while corporate america tries to sell us its things. Some day they will chill and use tiny ads.