This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Foraging.
For this BB you will catch, butcher, and preserve 5 pounds of fish or 10 pounds of shellfish!
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements is:
o o catch, butcher, and preserve at least five pounds of fish or ten pounds of shellfish
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- A picture of the fish or shellfish with your catching gear and where the fish or shellfish came from in the background
- A picture of the cleaned/gutted/filleted or otherwise ready-to-cook fish or shellfish
- A picture of the finished preserved fish or shellfish
- A brief description of the preservation method used
- This is "Foraging" so the fish or shellfish can't come from your aquaponics system, nor an aquaculture system, nor a store, nor your fish pond
I got this tall by not having enough crisco in my diet as a kid. This ad looks like it had plenty of shortening:
100th Issue of Permaculture Magazine - now FREE for a while