For this BB you will catch, butcher and preserve one large mammal (deer, pig, elk, antelope, etc)!
How to Field Dress an Elk:
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements is:
o to catch, butcher and preserve one large mammal (deer, pig, elk, antelope, etc)
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following for one large mammal:
- A picture of the harvested animal with the tool you used to harvest
- A picture of the dressed out carcass
- A picture of the finished preserved large mammal
- A brief description of the preservation method used
- This is "Foraging" so it has to be wild game
I caught a deer this past weekend during the annual gun deer season. I butchered it in the garage, trimmed the meat in the kitchen, froze the steaks (9 lbs), ground the decentish looking meat (22 lbs) and canned the more sinewy meat as stew meat chunks (15 lbs). The ground stuff was canned in two ways, half as chili and half as Italian sausage.
"Hundreds of years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the type of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that it becomes a tourist destination"