• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Carla Burke
  • Nancy Reading
  • John F Dean
  • r ransom
  • paul wheaton
  • Jay Angler
  • Timothy Norton
stewards:
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Tereza Okava
  • Nicole Alderman
master gardeners:
  • Christopher Weeks
gardeners:
  • M Ljin
  • Megan Palmer
  • Pete Podurgiel

a new overhaul of the freeheat page - need feedbacks for world domination

 
author and steward
Posts: 108021
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
∞
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Likes 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The current page is at https://freeheat.info

I spent a huge amount of time working on that page with andres.  And after all these years, i deeply appreciate the images near the top of the red X vs. the green checkmark.  The burly logger dudes vs. the dainty barefoot gal.

But this page isn't about convincing me.  Or about a message that I enjoy.  This is about world domination.  

Andres and experts made a new page.  The idea is that this new page is better.  Better for our world domination goals.  We will try it out and see.  It does look really nice.  If it is better, I guess I will miss the logger dudes and the barefoot gal.


Also ...  from a geeky/technical angle ...   I have never liked wordpress.  And I have never liked aws.  Our current freeheat stuff is on wordpress at aws.  I think static pages are the best for security, bandwidth, reliability, etc.  We went with wordpress stuff because it was a bit more WYSIWIG during changes.  But modern tools seem to offer better tools and you can have static pages again!

We can point https://freeheat.info to any of these three options.  

Here is the new static page https://richsoil.com/free-heat

here is the old page as a static page https://richsoil.com/free-heat-original

Please use the thumbs below to vote on the stuff.  Maybe add some vote stuff or just give your opinion using the mighty power of the english language!

 
paul wheaton
author and steward
Posts: 108021
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
∞
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Likes 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
click on the thumbs up for this post if you like the new page best
 
paul wheaton
author and steward
Posts: 108021
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
∞
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Likes 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
click on the thumbs up for this post if you like the old page best
 
paul wheaton
author and steward
Posts: 108021
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
∞
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Likes 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
click on the thumbs up for this post if you know a thing or two about webby tech and you agree that static pages are better than wordpress+aws
 
paul wheaton
author and steward
Posts: 108021
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
∞
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
click on the thumbs up for this post if you know a thing or two about webby tech and you think that static pages are not as good as wordpress+aws
 
gardener
Posts: 1439
Location: Miami, 11a, Am, apartment dweller
974
10
hugelkultur kids forest garden trees books wofati cooking bike rocket stoves
  • Likes 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm no help, I like both pages, they're just different styles, to me.

I think I accidentally clicked that I know webby things. In the grand scheme of things, I don't.
 
paul wheaton
author and steward
Posts: 108021
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
∞
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Likes 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
thumb if you likey this image

 
Not so fast naughty spawn! I want you to know about
a new overhaul of the freeheat page - need feedbacks for world domination
https://permies.com/t/389799/overhaul-freeheat-page-feedbacks-world
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic