• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Anne Miller
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Nicole Alderman
stewards:
  • Mike Haasl
  • r ranson
  • paul wheaton
master gardeners:
  • jordan barton
  • John F Dean
  • Rob Lineberger
  • Carla Burke
  • Jay Angler
gardeners:
  • Greg Martin
  • Ash Jackson
  • Jordan Holland

Amazing year round greenhouse - Geothermal Greenhouse - https://youtu.be/DV2hDmQeZb4

 
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Do you want to know ho to grow your vegetables in the snow? In this video you can see everything is possible. This is update of already proven really great functioning GEOTHERMAL GREENHOUSE.
 
Posts: 34
Location: Kelowna
6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yes, geo air thermal greenhouse is the way. I bought an ebook on it and know it should work. I will build one in the future. As for the greenhouse, I like this dome tunnel the best:

 
Posts: 139
Location: NEPA
37
chicken food preservation building
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Here's another one (I think this was posted in another thread).  Winter temperatures in Alliance, Nebraska can drop to -20°F (the record low is -40°F/C), but retired mailman Russ Finch grows oranges in his backyard greenhouse without paying for heat. Instead, he draws on the earth's stable temperature (around 52 degrees in his region) to grow warm weather produce- citrus, figs, pomegranates - in the snow.

 
Aubrey Zhang
Posts: 34
Location: Kelowna
6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jim Guinn wrote:Here's another one (I think this was posted in another thread).  Winter temperatures in Alliance, Nebraska can drop to -20°F (the record low is -40°F/C), but retired mailman Russ Finch grows oranges in his backyard greenhouse without paying for heat. Instead, he draws on the earth's stable temperature (around 52 degrees in his region) to grow warm weather produce- citrus, figs, pomegranates - in the snow.



This is the one and there is a better design if you dig further.
 
Jim Guinn
Posts: 139
Location: NEPA
37
chicken food preservation building
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks, Audrey. Tell me where to dig for the better design. Thanks.
 
Aubrey Zhang
Posts: 34
Location: Kelowna
6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jim Guinn wrote:Thanks, Audrey. Tell me where to dig for the better design. Thanks.



http://www.citrusinthesnow.com

He has a clumsy website for mobile phone. Better to use your computer to access it.
 
pollinator
Posts: 258
Location: ALASKA
34
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Been to Chena Hot Springs before.  Located NE of Fairbanks AK.  One of the colder parts of the state in winter.  They generate 100% of their energy needs along with a geothermal heated greenhouse.  We toured the power plant and GH the last time we were there.  It is a resort, but the owner is big into alternative energy and renewable s.  Here is a link to their renewabl energy part of the website.  https://chenahotsprings.com/renewables/
 
Aubrey Zhang
Posts: 34
Location: Kelowna
6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Walt Chase wrote:Been to Chena Hot Springs before.  Located NE of Fairbanks AK.  One of the colder parts of the state in winter.  They generate 100% of their energy needs along with a geothermal heated greenhouse.  We toured the power plant and GH the last time we were there.  It is a resort, but the owner is big into alternative energy and renewable s.  Here is a link to their renewabl energy part of the website.  https://chenahotsprings.com/renewables/



Good. But they have Hot Springs to use, which is not applicable for most of us. I believe that we could achieve NetZero without using hot springs water. Passive solar, solar waterfalls, geo-air, compost heat plus a few solar voltaic panels - Integration of all that are applicable.
gift
 
Garden Mastery Academy - Module 1: Dare to Dream
will be released to subscribers in: soon!
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic