One can never be too kind to oneself or others.
Never our fault, always our responsibility
M Ljin wrote:Ooh, yes. Could be they make them available later on? After all, watermelons are a relatively late harvest.
I thought I saved some but have no idea where they might be. That happens with too many seeds…
One can never be too kind to oneself or others.
Never our fault, always our responsibility
M Ljin wrote:Could they be Mirabelle plums? I think those are supposed to thrive in drier or harsher conditions than ordinary ones.
Creating edible biodiversity and embracing everlasting abundance.
Hugo Morvan wrote:Awesome project Chance.
I see you like to propagate, me too. I made some bigger outside boxes to the north of the house, works great. Especially for difficult shrubs, which are 90%, you need to plonk in a lot and somehow some work and others just dry up and i get those out when watering. Easier then in pots. Which mostly is the second stage after rooting i put them in pots and gently adapt them to more sun while keeping watering low to improve rooting.
I wanted to say mirabelle as well. If so i read they're true to type. Grafting plums is not so easy in my experience. Best worked on existing trees to the north side. They seem to take and then just die back. Zig-zag graft works better than a flatty.. Often lots of plumb/ peach seeds lay scattered on the soil around the tree.
I did a diverse grex grow-out of bell pepper plants and after 5 month i ended up with scribbly things, it might just be me, knowing nothing about what i try to grow than to water it regularly, but i had them in the greenhouse and then it turned out to be the hottest summer ever, and i remember thinking to myself "Why didn't i also plant some outside?". I want to try again as i still have seeds and plan on trying again in shadier spots as people say it's going to be even hotter next year.
I hope i don't come across as mr knowitall, because i'm not, but i do have a lot to say about what worked for me.
Creating edible biodiversity and embracing everlasting abundance.
Hugo Morvan wrote:Yes , looking forward to follow. I keep it low tech for now.
low tech passive
Chance Lunceford wrote:
Well, I'm currently working on a plum species identification guide using the robot assembler and the available literature.
Chance Lunceford wrote:
"Stratify until March in the fridge," but without clarification. I asked if as-is, or in damp media via email.
I'll follow up here when they do there.
Chance Lunceford wrote:Just signed up for Chip Drop, and scheduled a drop.
I've got to verify my address via the postcard they send me, which will arrive in the next week or less, and then I'll be on the list.
If you don't know, it's a service to deliver free (or almost free, if you prefer) arborist wood chips to your home or property. It'll contain other organic matter, and they'll also deliver logs if you prefer.
They're international, so check 'em out.
Just enter "Chip Drop wood chip delivery" into your search bar and you'll find 'em.
|
peep peep peep tiny ad peep peep
the next generation of humanure
https://www.richsoil.com/willow
|