I have 3 rabbits at my house. They are given water from a 5 gallon bucket that then feeds some small see through house that they drink from. The line has Alger growing in it. It has stopped but I water to clean it out in the most efficient way. I fill it up about once a week.
Right now the line and bucket are sitting in a bleach water solution. Anyone got any better ideas? Preferably leaving the watering system intacked
I personally would never recommend bleach anywhere near my rabbits or their food/ water. So, my recommendation is rinse the bleach out about 10 times, or more. Then, a - move your system out of the light, and b - add about 1/4C of organic acv to each 5gal fill. It's good for their gut, and keeps the algea away.
The only thing...more expensive than education is ignorance.~Ben Franklin