Less than 42 hours left in our kickstarter!

New rewards and stretch goals. CLICK HERE!



  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

video link for share... just how easy is cultivating mushroom  RSS feed

 
sim andy
Posts: 18
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Folks, happen to see this on youtube. They were educating the people how to plant mushroom in their country. Was surprised that its so easy... check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHVttGpCkRM
 
Burra Maluca
Mother Tree
Posts: 9472
Location: Portugal Zone 9 Mediterranean Climate
780
bee bike books duck forest garden greening the desert solar trees wofati
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
 
John Elliott
pollinator
Posts: 2392
79
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Nice find! Though I wish that people would make more use of the "closed caption translate" button on YouTube.
 
Dan Tutor
Posts: 103
Location: Zone 5, Maine Coast
7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
sim andy wrote:Hi Folks, happen to see this on youtube. They were educating the people how to plant mushroom in their country. Was surprised that its so easy... check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHVttGpCkRM


Yep, once you have the colonized grain spawn, it's that easy...
 
sim andy
Posts: 18
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
John Elliott wrote:Nice find! Though I wish that people would make more use of the "closed caption translate" button on YouTube.





yeh was hoping for that.... didnt understand what they say... so its like look at what they do and the rest is like we have to imagine.... hehehehe
 
sim andy
Posts: 18
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Dan Tutor wrote:
sim andy wrote:Hi Folks, happen to see this on youtube. They were educating the people how to plant mushroom in their country. Was surprised that its so easy... check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHVttGpCkRM


Yep, once you have the colonized grain spawn, it's that easy...





was curious on the contamination part. no gloves or anything used to inoculate the spawns in... .im going to try what they do..hehehhehehe if it works then its gonna be faster in doing everything...
 
sim andy
Posts: 18
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator









here's one more...
 
Dan Tutor
Posts: 103
Location: Zone 5, Maine Coast
7
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
sim andy wrote:
Dan Tutor wrote:
sim andy wrote:Hi Folks, happen to see this on youtube. They were educating the people how to plant mushroom in their country. Was surprised that its so easy... check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHVttGpCkRM


Yep, once you have the colonized grain spawn, it's that easy...





was curious on the contamination part. no gloves or anything used to inoculate the spawns in... .im going to try what they do..hehehhehehe if it works then its gonna be faster in doing everything...


Yeah, it's hard to tell! But I imagine they take standard clean precautions, clean, alcohol scrubbed hands, clean room. It even sorta looks like they leave the jars in front of a flowhood with a blanket over it,but it could be something else.
With oysters being such vigorous colonizers and straw being fairly selective toward mycelium over bacteria and lesser molds, they should beat out any competitors, regardless of less than lab conditions.
 
Watch the full PDC and ATC from home. As much or as little as you want: http://kck.st/2q6Ycay.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!