• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Carla Burke
  • Nancy Reading
  • John F Dean
  • r ransom
  • paul wheaton
  • Jay Angler
  • Timothy Norton
stewards:
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Tereza Okava
  • Nicole Alderman
master gardeners:
  • Christopher Weeks
gardeners:
  • M Ljin
  • Megan Palmer
  • Pete Podurgiel

Eastern TN vegan ecovillage sanctuary

 
Posts: 339
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I still say I am vegan. But pests that are destructive and will attack to bite will not get the same consideration from me, defense against them even with killing is logical. Killing happens in natural systems and I am not desiring any delusional ways to stop it which would throw off the needed balance. The vegan ethics I see is about not supporting human use of animals, which are generally kept captive all their shortened lives for that. They are not destructive and would not attack unprovoked. There is so much exploitation that is not generally acknowledged or recognized that I see preferable to not continue any involvement in, and the real sustainable ways do not need any of that. My ways that I would continue with are involving very healthy ways of eating.
 
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm interested in joining a vegan community. I live in Florida. 412 956 9002
 
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello fellow vegan! 🌱
My girlfriend and I are in search of off grid vegan community, and we love the sound of your place in Tennessee. My name is Jon Becher and my phone number is 330-354-0170. Or you can email me at jonbecher3@gmail.com.
We hope to hear from you! 🙏💚
 
Fred Frank V Bur
Posts: 339
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Tabby andvJon, I am glad you each are looking for vegan community off grid, and I think if only there were many more, there really should be this pursuit more. It would be easier on this world with people generally living that way, which can continue in this world.
 
              
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi. I'm also vegan and resonate with your aspirations. Feel free to reach out to me. I would also consider purchasing land nearby as well. My Instagram is @angel polkadot

Thanks,
Naomi
 
Fred Frank V Bur
Posts: 339
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Naomi S wrote:Hi. I'm also vegan and resonate with your aspirations. Feel free to reach out to me. I would also consider purchasing land nearby as well. My Instagram is @angel polkadot

Thanks,
Naomi



I think we should communicate. Haven't we already?
 
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Is anyone still active on this thread? I'm also vegan and looking for an intentional community in Appalachia. My ig is @ratboys.inc
 
Fred Frank V Bur
Posts: 339
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I see Instagram is used by a few, but I am not using it and am not interested. The best way to reach me for response apart from this is with email used reaching me at vegrox@aol.com. But let me know communication already started here.

I am an older man but serious about growing what is needed of everything that can be in the location used for it, and capable too. But I know I should be with others for this, none I speak with in person will join in with me. I can't just travel for this to find what might work, I will need to know there is certainty enough and I would stay where I come to. I am "straight edge" and live just having whole foods from plants, and always still try to get along with others.
 
Posts: 36
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Fred Frank V Bur wrote:I see Instagram is used by a few, but I am not using it and am not interested. The best way to reach me for response apart from this is with email used reaching me at vegrox@aol.com. But let me know communication already started here.

I am an older man but serious about growing what is needed of everything that can be in the location used for it, and capable too. But I know I should be with others for this, none I speak with in person will join in with me. I can't just travel for this to find what might work, I will need to know there is certainty enough and I would stay where I come to. I am "straight edge" and live just having whole foods from plants, and always still try to get along with others.



I sent you an email.
 
Fred Frank V Bur
Posts: 339
2
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

C Oakes wrote:I sent you an email.



Alright, thanks, I see it and will respond right away there. Though stating I am old I must be sure to say that I am fit, and am really able to move around really well. It is important certainly with my plans to grow things from many seeds for having good variety of things growing for what food and things we will need, not as crops but among compatible natural growing plants of the area. I have thought of using seed-balls, have you heard of doing that?
 
C Oakes
Posts: 36
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Isabella Caro wrote:Is anyone still active on this thread? I'm also vegan and looking for an intentional community in Appalachia. My ig is @ratboys.inc



Hi, yes, I'm still looking for the right people to come help. I sent you a moosage.
 
                              
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

My husband and I are in Hendersonville, TN and have a holistic vegan meal service. We are VERY interested in becoming part of a plant based intentional community. Have you made any progress with your beautiful vision? Maybe we can have a call and/or visit?

Thanks,
Ananya

ananya.nicole@gmail.com
www.sunstenance.org
 
C Oakes
Posts: 36
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ananya Wellness wrote:Hello,

My husband and I are in Hendersonville, TN and have a holistic vegan meal service. We are VERY interested in becoming part of a plant based intentional community. Have you made any progress with your beautiful vision? Maybe we can have a call and/or visit?

Thanks,
Ananya

ananya.nicole@gmail.com
www.sunstenance.org



Hi Ananya, I am still in the planning and designing phase. Right now it's just my two dogs and I. I would love people to come help but at the moment they would need to camp until another strcuture is built. I haven't made the progress that I was hoping to achieve by now. I still have trees to cut down, pathways dug, structures to build, plants to plant.
 
Right! We're on it! Let's get to work tiny ad!
better than an outhouse, and can be indoors
https://www.richsoil.com/willow
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic