new videos
hot off the press!  
    more about rocket
mass heaters here.

more videos from
the PDC here.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Warning. Graphic image. Crow electrocuted because of uninsulated connections.  RSS feed

 
Dale Hodgins
garden master
Posts: 6680
Location: Victoria British Columbia-Canada
252
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
A crow was unfortunate enough to touch two live wires about 100 ft from me, about 30 minutes ago. It immediately exploded. The crop was blown out and the skin blown off the leg. It was as loud as a shotgun blast. I thought that a transformer had exploded.

It happened at a spot where a temporary power pole connects to the main line. It appears that the electrician did not tape over the bare joint.

Incidents like this are more common with eagles and herons, on hydro towers. Their large wingspan makes them more vulnerable.

This is a very good reason to be sure to cover all bare electrical connections, even if it's up high enough that people will not touch it.







Dead bird below.








20170807_184249.jpg
[Thumbnail for 20170807_184249.jpg]
 
We should throw him a surprise party. It will cheer him up. We can use this tiny ad:
Learn, Design, Teach, & Inspire with Permaculture games.
FoodForestCardGame.com
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!