• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Anne Miller
  • jordan barton
  • Pearl Sutton
  • r ranson
  • Nicole Alderman
  • Greg Martin
  • Steve Thorn
  • paul wheaton
  • Leigh Tate
  • Mike Haasl
master gardeners:
  • John F Dean
  • Carla Burke
  • Stacie Kim
  • Jay Angler

Fuel tax refunds

Posts: 7926
Location: Currently in Lake Stevens, WA. Home in Spokane
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fuel taxes used to be called "Road taxes", as they are used to build/maintain our roads.
As such, the taxes were exempted on any fuels you purchased for non-highway uses.
Think tractor, chainsaw, weed whacker, log splitter, and, and, and ...

Many states are getting greedy, and using them for other purposes as well.
However, almost every state will give refunds for qualified non-highway fuel use.
The federal government also refunds money for non-highway use.

Check out what the combined Fed/State tax is where you live here:

Each state has their own set of exemptions. Here is a state-by-state listing of the exemptions:

I know that our highways need repairs, but I'll bet you can figure out a better way to spend your savings.

Listen. That's my theme music. That's how I know I'm a super hero. That, and this tiny ad told me:
Rocket Mass Heater Plans: Annex 6
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic